Best acting performances by a Boston sports icon:
Did anyone catch Nomar on "Two Guys and a Girl?" I've seen worse acting
performances by a pro athelete, but I wouldn't advise Nomie to quit his day job.
Here's my ranking of the acting performances by our local players.
- Kevin McHale in 'Cheers' (he has a job if there is ever another Munsters movie)
- Cam Neely in 'Dumb and Dumber'
- Nomar Garciaparra in last night's 'Two Guys and a Girl' (take that Jeter!)
- Wade Boggs in 'Cheers' (not the only time he lost his pants)
- Nancy Kerrigan on 'Saturday Night Live' (The skating with Chris Farley was classic)
- Larry Bird in Loverboy's 'Working for the Weekend' video (Co-starring Magic)
- Drew Bledsoe in 'Jerry Maguire' (Drew is at least as good an actor as Tom Cruise)
- Bob Cousy in 'Blue Chips' (This is actually Worst Acting Performance by a Boston Sports Icon)
- Roger Clemens in 'Kingpin' (he has the body of a bowler)
- Robert Parish in 'One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Next' (Sorry, wrong Chief)